Karol Bagh area which is one of the important commercial hubs of the capital is getting choked on account of an un-controlled flow of traffic. There is hardly any scope for free movement of pedestrians leave aside vehicles. As an initial step for improving pedestrianization of a high density commercial areas, the Commission had chosen Karol Bagh.
The issues involved include :
- To identify the area needing urgent attention for the study of pedestrianization of the area.
- Land in the vicinity that can be made available or generated by way of relocating some functions.
- Exploration of use of land below the ground or creation of basement for the use of parking etc.
- Services such as sewerage, water supply, drainage, electricity that needs to be either maintained or augmented.
- Need for involvement of the local Traders Association for such an exercise.